What is Plogging?
Plogging started in Sweden in Europe and literally means picking up litter (or garbage) while jogging. It is derived from the words Plocka upp ('Pick up' in Swedish) and Jogging = PLOGGING
Running is good for your health. Picking up litter is good for the planet’s health. Why not combine the two!
Let’s Plog, Ahmedabad to show our responsibility towards keeping our city clean.
About the event:
- Date - May 26, 2019 Sunday
- Time - 6:00 AM
- Start point - 42.1, Westgate, near YMCA on SG Highway
- End point - 42.1, Westgate, near YMCA on SG Highway
- Route - 42.1 > Anandnagar cross-road > Corporate road > 42.1
- Plogging distance - 5 km
- Participant to get - An e-certificate of completion, a T-shirt, refreshments on completing the 5 km plog run
- AMC will be empowering the drive by providing the necessary and critical support to each participant in the form of garbage bags, gloves, dustbins at multiple points on the route for disposal of collected litter, and medical assistance
- Registration - Free!